Hello there everyone, I hope you all are enjoying your week so far. My name is Kimberlee and I’m the head blogger for Southern Roots Kitchen. I say head blogger because I will be adding some contributing bloggers to the site very soon. I belong to a Facebook Group called Courage To Earn and we are a group of bloggers and entrepreneurs that support one another in our personal and professional lives. This month our leader who we also call Coach Brandi (blogs at Mama Knows It All), has started a challenge called #ExposeYourself. Everyday we get an email from Brandi or we can just visit the Facebook Group and she provides us with some type of task where we have to expose ourselves to others. At first I was a little scared because I can be an introvert when I want to be. But the very first task was to post a selfie of just ourselves and promote what we’re good at. After I posted my selfie on instagram it made me think about the fact that I never really introduced myself on my blog. I have my about me page, but that’s really it.
I decided that with this challenge I am going to be a little more personable on my blog and share a lot more of the fun and crazy things that happen in my house. First up are some interesting facts about me.
- I’m single woman, childless, in my 30’s and I love to cook large meals. Thankfully, my sister and her son live with me so they can eat some of this food.
- I spoil my sister and my nephew every chance I get.
- I come from a very blended family and I’m extremely attached to my 7 siblings and both sets of parents. My dads hang out on their Harley’s a lot.
- I have Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy, which played a role in my love for kitchen at a young age; I couldn’t play outside much as a child.
- I love the beach and spend a lot of time there in the summer, especially since I’m 30 minutes away it.
- Cooking is a stress reliever for me.
- I can’t cook unless I’m listening to music.
- My friends make me teach a couples cooking class for them.
- I love meal planning, I get exited about planning food and recreating meals.
- I’m addicted to the Food Network, Cooking Channel, and HGTV.
- I get exited about changing the colors in my home.
- One of the main reasons I’m a Tastefully Simple Consultant is because I love the food.
- I’ll eat collard greens and corn bread as a meal (blame my great-grandma)
- I love seafood and will eat it all the time.
- I’m a food blogger who is allergic to eggs. I even wrote about it here.
After writing this list I wanted to take out a few things but realized I can’t because it defeats the purpose of telling you who I am. I can already see that a few of these will become their own blog posts very soon.