How much do you love a bowl of pasta? Especially a bowl of pasta with a great sauce. Well today we have something that will be sure to enhance your love of pasta or any food for that matter. We were contacted by Derek of Elbow Foods to review this product and after reading the history behind this pasta gravy we couldn’t refuse.
Glicco’s Pasta Gravy
This pasta gravy, and Yes, we said ‘GRAVY’ is made with fresh tomatoes, garlic, onions, bell peppers, herbs and honey. A spoonful right out the jar and we were hooked. A smooth rich taste, with the flavors of the peppers, onions and herbs right there for you to see and taste makes this gravy a great find.
It’s fat-free and only 38 calories per serving. This pasta gravy truly tastes like it came straight from someone’s Italian gramma’s kitchen, like she’s standing over a huge pot on the stove and poured some in a jar jut for you. We’ve tasted pasta sauces before, and some have been watered down, not this one. Glicco’s pasta gravy does not seep to the bottom of the pot.
Be sure to check out their website Elbow Foods and ‘Like’ their page on Facebook. Glicco’s Pasta Gravy is sold in some specialty grocery stores. You can check your local retailer. They even have some recipes on their site, that we are going to try out. Here are two for you to try.
Marinara Garlic Bread
Here’s a quick and simple idea.
Whisk Glicco’s Pasta Gravy with minced garlic and melted butter in a small bowl; brush over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and broil until toasted.
Chicken Parm Burger
- 1 lb. Ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Glicco’s Pasta Gravy
- 2 teaspoons Dried basil
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 Rolls
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Mix chicken, oil, sauce and seasonings together. Form the chicken mixture into balls. The texture is gloppy. Flatten into burger patties and dip into the panko and cheese mixture.
- Put burgers on waxed paper and allow them to set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Pour a liberal amount of olive oil in a nonstick fry pan. Pan fry burgers until done and crispy. Drain them on a paper towel.
- Top burgers with some additional Glicco’s Pasta Gravy and shredded mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese melts. Serve on a crispy round roll.
This is a sponsored post from Elbow Foods, and all opinions are 100% ours.