I post a lot about my life with Cerebral Palsy on my personal IG page. This is one of the pictures that I posted about chronic pain. So after this picture was posted I received multiple messages asking me if I really was 1 of 2, because they never ‘heard’ me complain about chronic pain or I didn’t ‘look’ like I was hurting when they were around me. (more…)
This is one of those stories that I haven’t talked about much on here. March 10, 2005 I was a senior in college attending Johnson C. Smith University in Charlotte, NC. I loved college, I was enjoying my time there, getting ready to graduate and really appreciated my HBCU experience. That day everything changed. I woke up that morning, extremely thirsty, grabbed the bottle of water from my night stand next to my bed. Tried to take a drink and ended up spilling it. I thought I was just being clumsy. (more…)
Hey, everyone! You all asked and I said I would deliver. I will be sharing more about myself and my life behind the blog. The following is just an introduction to who I am and what I love about life.
- I have Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and I walk with a limp. ( I need to give my cane a name)
- My food allergies have increased over the years. (How is a food blogger allergic to eggs and raw apples?)
- I come from a blended family. I have a bonus mom and a bonus dad.
- I fell in love with cooking as a child, while recovering from surgeries and dealing with bullies.
- I’m a book nerd. I love to read. Romance novels are my weakness.
- I blog about romance novels at Romance Novels In Color.
- I’m addicted to seafood and green smoothies.
- I spoil my nephew Pumpkin like crazy and he’s getting a sister soon!! (I’m excited about another baby being in the house.)
- I am very involved in my church.
- I’m 34 and single (yes, someone asked that after I sent out a survey a few weeks ago)
This is me, this is my life and I love it. I’ll be sure to share more very soon.
March is Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month and I decided that I would talk more about my life with CP since quite a few of you have asked about it. I was diagnosed with Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy at the age of 2. The doctors and my parents noticed that something just wasn’t quite right, my development was delayed. Usually by the time a child turns two they are walking, well it comes to me, I was just crawling. This took a toll on my parents, they were informed that they have a special needs child. — Continue>
Going through Pinterest this morning, I came across this photo. What do you think?
Do you cook with herbs and spices? Have you used them for other things besides cooking? I know I will drink mint tea if I have an upset stomach, but I notice the chart says to try basil. This seems like an interesting task.
This has me thinking, could herbs and spices really help with ailments? Looks like I have some research to do. It would be nice to see which items that we have in our pantry can help us obtain a healthy lifestyle.
Have you tried any of these? Got some tips to share? Feel free to comment and let me know!!