As much as I love to bake, I love to shop too. This time my shopping bought me to Pampered Chef. Now I bought this Flute Stoneware cake pan about a year ago and somehow it let my house before I could even use it. Well it actually made its way back to my house so I could use it. I absolutely love stoneware, it bakes so well, like cast iron!! I decided to make a 5-flavor pound cake in the pan. I figure it’s a quick recipe and I already have all of the ingredients on hand so let’s make it work.
Awesome job, I tell you!! Just awesome! I absolutely love this pan and will be investing in the entire line. Now I don’t have a local Pampered Chef consultant, my consultant actually lives in Atlanta, but I don’t mind. If you don’t already have a consultant please check out Erika Bullock here or just send her an email.
Here is the recipe for the 5-flavor pound cake. I have also included the glaze recipe, you can use it if you like.
Five Flavor Pound Cake
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon rum flavored extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavored extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavored extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavored extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 10 inch tube pan. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Set aside. In a measuring cup, combine the milk and 1 teaspoon each coconut, lemon, rum, butter and vanilla extracts; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and 3 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat until smooth. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Then add in each of the extracts. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or until cake tests done. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn cake out of pan onto wire rack.
- Place waxed paper under rack to catch glaze drippings. Slowly spoon Five Flavor Glaze onto top of hot cake. Cool completely.
- To make the Five Flavor Glaze: In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, water and 1/2 teaspoon each coconut, lemon, rum, butter and vanilla extracts. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.