I wanted some Pecan Pie Bars
So I had a few readers ask if I was going to do more recipes. Periodically there will be more recipes coming out. This particular one got posted because I was craving pecan pie. I went to the store and bought a frozen one (I know, horrible; I was in a rush.) When I had some free time I decided to make these bars again.
I probably shouldn’t eat this on regular basis considering how much sugar goes into these but they are so good and I was in my feelings.
Do you eat Pecan Pie? Is this something you only have during the holidays?
Pecan Pie Bars
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the sides and bottom of one 15×10 inch pan.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, margarine or butter and salt until the mixture resemble coarse crumbs. Press firmly into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl stir the eggs, corn syrup 1 1/2 cups white sugar, melted margarine and vanilla until blended. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spread the filling evenly over the hot crust. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until set. Let cool before slicing.