This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase we may earn a commission. Thanks.
I really can’t believe it’s November already. I feel like it was just the beginning of summer. November is here and the weather is wonderful, the leaves have started to change and Thanksgiving is coming up. I’m really excited about the holidays, I love them. It gives me more time to spend with family, reminisce on past family functions and create new memories. For the past few years Thanksgiving has alternated between my house and my aunt’s house in northern Virginia. Since we can’t make it all the back to Massachusetts every year we do something here in Virginia together. This year it’s at my aunts and we decided to not do traditional Thanksgiving dinner, it’s going to be steak and seafood; I’m excited. I’ll be sure to keep you guys posted on the menu and will even try to do a video while we’re cooking.
When I think about Thanksgiving I think about the traditions we have as a family, the trips we’ve taken and how excited we get to spend time with one another. Through out the month I will be sharing some of those fall family traditions that we have.
- Cooking together as a family
- Creating new dishes with the leftovers
- Playing board games
- Going through sale papers and toy catalogs
- Shopping on Black Friday (there’s an age requirement)
- Staying home on Black Friday playing with grandpa (if you were under age)
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade
- Parade of Big Balloons in Springfield, Massachusetts
What are some of your holiday traditions?