This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Hello there everyone, I hope you all are enjoying your week so far. My name is Kimberlee and I’m the only owner of Southern Roots Kitchen. Here we talk about our love for food and living life as a blended family.
When I cook I don’t always use a recipe and if I do, it’s in my head and not written down. I will be adding some contributing bloggers to the site very soon. They may provide recipes for you.
It’s been a while since I’ve introduced myself on here and a lot has happened over the last 3 years. I am going to be a little more personable on my blog and share a lot more of the fun and crazy things that happen in my house. First up are some interesting facts about me.
- I’m married to my favorite author JJ Murray. He writes interracial romance.
- I became a mom in August of 2022. Snuggles makes mom life worth it.
- I come from a very blended family and I’m extremely attached to my 7 siblings and both sets of parents. My dads hang out on their Harley’s a lot.
- I have Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy, which played a role in my love for kitchen at a young age; I couldn’t play outside much as a child.
- I love the beach and spend a lot of time there in the summer, especially since I’m a few minutes away from it.
- Cooking is a stress reliever for me.
- I can’t cook unless I’m listening to music.
- My friends make me teach a couples cooking class for them.
- I love meal planning, I get exited about planning food and recreating meals.
- I’m addicted to the Food Network, Cooking Channel, and HGTV.
- I get exited about changing the colors in my home.
- One of the main reasons I’m a Tastefully Simple Consultant is because I love the food.
- I’ll eat collard greens and corn bread as a meal (blame my great-grandma)
- I love seafood and will eat it all the time.
- I’m a food blogger who is allergic to eggs. I even wrote about it here.