Happy Friday Everyone!! Today’s edition of Foodie Friday is going to be a little different. We usually give you a few of our favorite recipes and ideas for menu planning, but not today. On Wednesday Taco Bell made an announcement that they are going to launch a gourmet menu in their restaurants. We know what you are thinking, ‘gourmet’ and ‘Taco Bell’ just don’t seem to mix, but wait until you see the menu and it just might win you over.
The Cantina Bell menu will feature a line of bowls and burritos inspired by Chef Lorena Garcia; from NBC’s show America’s Next Great Restaurant. All items are guaranteed to be under $5.00 and will launch nationwide on July 5th.
The new menu promotes eight ingredients including cilantro rice, whole black beans, all white meat chicken marinated in citrus and herbs, fire-roasted corn salsa, guacamole made from Hass avocados, a creamy cilantro dressing, romaine lettuce, and pico de gallo.
Side dishes are also an option which will feature chips and pico de gallo or the fire-roasted corn salsa, chips and guacamole, black beans and cilantro rice; each will be $1.49.
Pricing is below for the two main items the Cantina Bowl and the Cantina Burrito.
Cantina Bowl: Chicken ($4.79), Veggie ($4.79), Steak ($4.99)
Cantino Burrito: Chicken ($4.79), Veggie ($4.79), Steak ($4.99)
Here is the breakdown of the new menu, provided by Taco Bell:
- Black Beans: We use black beans, not refried, and add a Latin Spice Blend of onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, with other ingredients
- Cilantro Rice: Rice cooked in a cilantro seasoning that features onion, garlic, cilantro and parsley
- Citrus and Herb Marinated Chicken: Boneless, skinless chicken breast marinade that features garlic, onion, lemon, cilantro and tomatillo
- New Guacamole: Lorena-inspired guacamole made with Hass avocados, and blended with tomato, jalapeno, onion, cilantro and lemon juice and other ingredients
- Fire-Roasted Corn Salsa: Super Sweet yellow corn and fresh red and green bell peppers, fire roasted, with our Latin Spice Blend
- Creamy Cilantro Dressing: Lorena-inspired Creamy Cilantro dressing features cilantro blended with oil, lemon juice, vinegar and garlic, and other ingredients
- Pico de Gallo: Diced tomatoes and onions blended with fresh chopped cilantro and a tangy dressing made with lemon juice and vinegar
Be sure to check out the the ‘Cantina Bell‘ menu from Taco Bell starting July 5th.
As always we appreciate your support and any feedback you may have.