We’re back today with another Foodie Friday post. This time it features a cookbook. I love when I get to support my friends in their dreams. A blogger friend of mine, Shelby
This post does contain an affiliate link. I received this cookbook and was asked for my honest review.
The Diabetic Cookbook for Electric Pressure Cookers: Instant Healthy Meals for Managing Diabetes
Browsing through this cookbook made me want to cook so many things. The recipes are easy, the pictures make the food look delicious and you can cook everything in an electric pressure cooker.
4-Ingredient Carnitas Posole
- 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth (page 117) or low-sodium store bought chicken broth
- 1 15oz can hominy
- 2 cups Pork Carnitas page 94) or shredded cooked pork
- 2 cups Roasted Tomatillo Salsa (page 121) You can use a jar (16oz) of store bought salsa verde
- Chopped avocado, for serving optional
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish optional
- In the electric pressure cooker, combine the broth, hominy and it’s juices, pork, and salsa. Stir to combine.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. Set the valve to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the cooking is complete, hit Cancel and quick release the pressure.
- Once the pin drops, unlock and remove the lid.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with avocado and/cilantro (if using).
This cold weather we’ve been having in Hampton Roads, VA calls for some soup and this Carnitas Posole is the perfect fit. Quick and easy meal, made from leftovers, gotta love it. There are few other recipes in this book that I want to try, the first two being: Crust-less Key Lime Cheesecake and Firecracker Chicken Meatballs (these could be a great game-day appetizer or meal)
I’m not a diabetic but these are some healthy meals to check out. There are a variety of gluten-free and vegan options available. I am adding this cookbook to our kitchen bookshelf.
Here’s the deal Shelby is hosting a giveaway on her Facebook Page Diabetic Foodie. Be sure to head over there an enter this amazing giveaway, she’s got some great gifts!
|Follow Shelby on her blog and social media: |