This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Easter is on its way and dinner isn’t the only meal we have to plan. Sometimes people choose to have brunch either on Saturday or on Easter Sunday. Having brunch gives you the opportunity to have a variety of light dishes without the intense cooking process. This casserole dish can be served by itself or with a fresh fruit salad. We tried it out on some friends and family and they loved it.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 loaf (8oz) Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (5 cups)
- 1 cup (8oz) shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Mustard, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper, Ground
- Preheat oven to 350°F.Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp.Reserve 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble and set aside. Add onion to drippings in skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes or until softened.
- Spread 1/2 of the bread cubes in 13×9-inch baking dish. Layer with 1/2 each of the onion, bacon, Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Spread evenly with cottage cheese. Top with remaining bread cubes, onion, bacon, Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl until foamy. Add milk, mustard, nutmeg and pepper; beat until well blended. Pour evenly over top. Press bread cubes lightly into egg mixture until completely covered. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown.
Thank you so much to McCormick for providing us with these seasonings and recipes. Be sure to check out their site for more recipes and ideas not just for holiday cooking but for everyday use.
CheeseLoverFebruary 12, 2015 at 8:56 pm
Hi, how would you alter the portions to serve two, instead of six?
Very Vanilla Fruit SaladMarch 29, 2013 at 2:53 pm
[…] a great side dish to serve with the Cheese and Bacon Casserole dish, or just as a snack itself. Get your kids involved by letting them mix up the fruit in the […]