I was asked if the previous snowball recipe could include chocolate. It sure can!!! Here is the chocolate recipe, it is different from the other one!!
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- confectioners’ sugar
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 7-8 minutes or until tops are crackled. Remove from baking sheets; immediately roll in confectioners’ sugar. Cool completely. Roll again in confectioners’ sugar.