This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Cinnamon and Sugar always go well together. Try it on french toast, applesauce and even cookies!!! Today’s recipe is Snickerdoodles. Gotta love these!!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
2. Mix the shortening , sugar, and eggs until creamy. Mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Blend the wet with the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon until well-blended.
3. Roll the dough into the size of small walnuts.
4. Prepare the cinnamon and sugar mixture by mixing the cinnamon and sugar.
5. Roll the cookie dough into the cinnamon and sugar mixture until coated and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 6-10 minutes watching to make sure they don’t burn. They should be very lightly brown and still soft looking on top. When they cool, they will crack a little on top.