This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Don’t have time to put together an entire gingerbread house? Here’s an idea, make cookies and decorate those instead! Less time, less mess but still have so much fun!!
1 cup sugar
1 cup shortening
1 cup full-flavor (dark) molasses
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 tub (16 ounces) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
Assorted candies and cereals, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line jelly roll pan, 15 1/2×10 1/2×1 inch, with heavy-duty foil, leaving 1 inch of foil overhanging at each end of pan.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, shortening, molasses and egg with spoon. Stir in all remaining Gingerbread Dough ingredients.
- Divide dough in half. Press each half of dough in pan.
- Bake gingerbread about 15 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched in center.
- Cool 5 minutes; carefully lift foil and gingerbread from pan.
- Cut gingerbread lengthwise in half, then crosswise 2 times to make 6 rectangles.
- Cut angles from 2 corners of each rectangle to form roof of house. (The corners make good nibbles.) Cool completely, about 1 hour. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Decorate houses with frosting and candies.
Leave a Reply