This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Another day of chocolate and peppermint is upon us. You can buy the peppermint bark from stores, or make your own ( I will post that recipe very soon) It’s the holidays so peppermint bark is easy to find now.
Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies
1 cup of butter
3/4 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of white granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup of peppermint bark, broken into little chip size pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Cream the butter and sugars together for about two minutes at medium speed or until well incorporated and light in color.
3. Add the egg and the vanilla extract until well incorporated, about a minute. Be sure to scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl halfway through.
4. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add to the butter mixture slowly, and beating at medium speed, stopping once all of it is incorporated (do not over mix)
5. Fold in the peppermint bark chips.
6. Take small spoonfuls of the dough and roll into one inch sized balls and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for -12 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.