This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase we may earn a commission. Thanks.
This cookie is just like a chocolate chip cookie but with peppermint candy. The only thing is I don’t have a picture for this one. I will have to make them again soon and post a picture.
- Heat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, blend together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together shortening, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
- Slowly stir flour mixture into shortening mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- Mix in chocolate chips and peppermint candy.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, place rounded teaspoonfuls approximately 2″ apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before removing from cookie sheet.