This cookie is just like a chocolate chip cookie but with peppermint candy. The only thing is I don’t have a picture for this one. I will have to make them again soon and post a picture.
Christmas Mint Cookies
2/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 package (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Heat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, blend together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together shortening, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
- Slowly stir flour mixture into shortening mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- Mix in chocolate chips and peppermint candy.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, place rounded teaspoonfuls approximately 2″ apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
Makes 4-5 dozen