This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Here is another recipe with chocolate in it. I really did enjoy these and they went quick! I have seen a recipe similar to this and they called them ‘Santa Thumbprint Cookies’
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (11 ounce) package white chocolate chips
1 (1.4 ounce) bar chocolate covered English toffee, chopped
1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, halved
- Beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl until well blended; stir in corn syrup, egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add this dry mixture to butter mixture. Blend well. Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll each ball in sugar mixture and arrange on a cookie sheet. Using your thumb, make an indentation in center of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until just set.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. If the indentation has grown indistinct, use the top of a spoon and press indentation in further. Immediately place 1 teaspoon white chips into each indentation. After several minutes, swirl the melted chips with a spoon. Top with toffee bits and maraschino cherry halves (if desired). Cool cookies on a wire rack.