Crème Brulee French Toast
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn syrup
6 French bread
1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon brandy-based orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier®)
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix in brown sugar and corn syrup, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Remove crusts from bread, and arrange in the baking dish in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla extract, orange brandy, and salt.
- Pour over the bread. Cover, and chill at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove the dish from the refrigerator, and bring to room temperature.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until puffed and lightly browned.