Here is a recipe that I don’t get to make much. But I still love it. Great idea for Thanksgiving morning or the day after (use left over cranberry sauce) Coffee Cake and a cup of fresh coffee before you hit those Black Friday Sales!!
Cranberry Coffee Cake
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared tube pan. Swirl 1/2 of the cranberry sauce into the batter. Repeat, ending with the batter on top.
- Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.