This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Fast food and daily take out does not always have to be your ‘go-to’ option for any meal. You can cook your favorite meals and enjoy them at any time. Cooking is not a chore but an experience that you can enjoy.
- Pick a recipe that you want to try out. This doesn’t have to be something extravagant, it can something as simple as baked chicken and vegetables. Just make sure it’s something you want to eat.
- Make it a family affair. If you have kids, get them to help you in the kitchen. Use cooking as a game to help with vocabulary, spelling and even math. If it’s just you and your significant other, make it a date night in the kitchen!
- Pretend You Are On TV. That’s right, pretend you are the host of your own food show. Get creative and talk your way through the show. You can even record yourself, just to see how it goes when you are done.
- Play Music. Do you sing in shower? Or just around the house in general? Well this is another way to enjoy your music. Sing, dance and have a good time while you are cooking…we do!
- Have fun. This is chance for you to try something new, you are not being graded so enjoy it. Once you are done cooking, plate your food as if you are serving it at a restaurant. Presentation is everything. Take a picture to include with the recipe for the next time you make it.
Cooking should always be fun. You work hard during the day and need time to relax, let cooking become an outlet for you. Don’t be afraid to try something new. Even if you mess up, skip a step or change an ingredient…it’s okay. Cooking is a fun experience.
femzyJune 23, 2019 at 3:29 pm
cooking is a hobby and not a shore. wow!
thanks for the article.
enjoy your time spent in the kitchen henceforth pals.
femzy recently posted…contact
Elmer AndersonJune 6, 2016 at 3:55 am
As long as the recipe is easy to do, why not? I’m no chef. lol
Andrea B (@goodgirlgonered)June 4, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Love this!! Found you over at SITS via the Instagram discussion thread. I’m a southern girl for the last 7 or so years and am looking forward to your posts and tips! Nice to “meet” you!!