Happy Friday Everyone! This week’s Foodie Friday post is a continuation of last week with ideas for the July 4th holiday. We hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding
1 pinch salt
1 9 ounce box raisins
2 Eggs, beaten
2 4.5-oz cans fruit cocktail (undrained)
1 14-oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk (not evaporated)
2 dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts
1 or 2 teaspoon cinnamon
Butter Rum Sauce:
1 stick butter
1-2 tablespoons of Rum (or rum extract)
1 pound box confectioner’s sugar
1. Cube donuts into a large bowl.
2. Pour other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes.
3. Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour until center has jelled. Top with Butter Rum Sauce.
Butter Rum Sauce:
1. Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioner’s sugar.
2. Add Rum and heat until bubbly.
3. Pour over bread pudding.
BBQ Chicken Kabobs with White BBQ Sauce
Photo Credit: Southern Living
2 pounds skinned,boned and seasoned chicken breasts
1/2 large red onion, cut into fourths and separated into pieces
1 pt. cherry tomatoes
Favorite season salt
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Season and cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Thread chicken, onion, and tomatoes alternately onto skewers, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces.
- Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with White Barbecue Sauce.
White BBQ Sauce
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 garlic clove, pressed
1. Mix together all ingredients and chill for an hour.
Note: You can use, steak, veggies or seafood for your kabobs. You can also make the BBQ Sauce a day ahead of time.
Favorite fruity carbonated drink
Vanilla ice cream (or any flavor)
1. Scoop ice cream into a cup or a jar, then pour in your favorite carbonated beverage.
2. Grab a straw and enjoy!
Beer Battered Fried Pickles
2 (16-oz.) jars dill pickle sandwich slices, drained
1 large egg
1 (12-oz.) can beer
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Pat pickles dry with paper towels.
2. Whisk together egg and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add 1 1/2 cups flour, and whisk until smooth.
3. Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches into a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven; medium-high heat to 375°.
4. Dip pickle slices into batter, allowing excess batter to drip off.
5. Fry pickles, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
6. Drain and pat dry on paper towels; serve immediately with Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce.
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons minced green onions
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
Garnish: seasoned salt
1. Whisk together first six ingredients together and garnish.
2. You can store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
We hope you enjoy these recipes, feel free to give us your feedback.