Organizing your kitchen can seem like a huge ordeal. Some people even think they have to go out and buy additional storage units, baskets, and containers; when you can just use what you already have.
- Mount your potholders on your cabinet doors using plastic hooks.
- Mount your aprons on a hook on a nearby wall, no more digging them out a drawer.
- Store your dishes by usage. Everyday use, place those on bottom shelves within easy reach. Special occasion dishes put those in the cabinets on top.
- Group all of your bake-ware together.
- Store pots and pans as close to the stove as possible makes them easier to reach when cooking.
- Keep storage bags and wrapping materials together for easy cleanup.
- Store all of your lids in the same place.
- Use dividers in drawers as placeholders for utensils.
- Short on space, stash some items in wicker baskets or decorative mixing bowls on the counter.
- Organize your pantry via category: seasonings, canned goods, dry mixes, etc.
- If possible, use an over the door hanger to store small items like snack bars, decorative sugars, cupcake liners, etc.
- Mount the kitchen phone, reminders, and papers to the wall instead of placing them on the counter.
These are just some tips to help you get organized in the kitchen. We’ll be sure to keep adding to this list.