As we all know there is not much time in the morning to pick out something for lunch. There is barely enough time in the evening to fix dinner, never mind trying to create something for lunch too. For those of us that don’t always have left overs available for lunch the next day, here are some ideas for you.
1. Chicken Salad sandwich – Mix together chopped leftover chicken, mayo or your favorite salad dressing, celery, pickles or relish. Maybe a few chopped onions, grapes or some nuts for a crunch. Place is on a croissant, sandwich bread, in a pita, on flat bread, etc.
2. Pasta Salad – cooked pasta, veggies, cheese (shredded or cubed), add in some Italian dressing or try tuna and mayo. Enjoy with cracks, or pita bread.
3. Peanut Butter and Jelly/Fluff – Yes, that’s right I said Fluff. Remember that gooey Marshmallow goodness. Crunchy or Creamy Peanut Butter with some jelly (grape, strawberry, mixed fruit) always brings you back to your childhood.
4. Quesadillas – Flour tortillas, with shredded cheddar, pepper jack, or mozzarella cheese, left over chicken or steak. Make the quesadilla then put it in the microwave for 30 seconds on High and you have your lunch. Pair it with some salsa and sour cream on the side.
5. Chili & Cornbread – Got cornbread left from Sunday dinner? Grab a slice to accompany a can of chili. Sprinkle some shredded cheese, chopped onions or sour cream on top.
6. Cesar salad Pockets – Grab a bag of Cesar salad mix. Make the salad then stuff it inside a pita pocket.
7. Turkey Roll-Ups – Spread mayo, salad dressing or cream cheese on the tortilla, add turkey then roll up and enjoy. You can switch out the turkey for another meat or just veggies.
8. Deli Plate – Grab some grapes, slices of cheese (or cubed), crackers, slices of chicken, turkey or ham, celery and carrots. Cream cheese, ranch dressing, and peanut butter make great dipping sauces.
9. Fruit Salad & Yogurt – Strawberries, blueberries, honey dew melon, cantaloupe, grapes, mangoes, oranges, etc. Pair that with a cup of yogurt, add some nuts or granola for a healthy treat.
10. Open-Faced Sandwich – bagels or english muffins topped with cream cheese, smoked salmon, turkey, ham, roast beef; hummus topped with spinach leaves and cucumbers; tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni, heat in microwave until cheese melts and you have pizza.
These were just 10 quick lunch ideas. Stay tuned because I will definitely be offering more.