This is a sponsored post. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Happy Monday all! We don’t usually post our Sunday dinners but we decided to try something new. This may become a weekly thing for us. We cut the recipe in half so it will make 4 servings.
Apples and pork chops go well together so we decided to combine them add a few other seasonings to the mix. This sweet and savory combination is will make your taste buds very happy. The aroma of the seasonings while cooking is amazing, if your windows are open you just might make your neighbor jealous.
Apple & Sage Pork chops
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
3 tsp. rubbed sage 2 tsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. crushed thyme leaves 1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp. paprika 2 tbsp. flour
2 tsp. salt 4 pork chops, 1-inch thick ( about 1 1/4 lb.)
2 tbsp. olive oil 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 red apples, thinly sliced 1 cup apple juice
2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Mix flour, all of the spices and salt in a small bowl.
- Season both sides of pork chops with 1 1/2 tbsp. of seasoned mixture. ( You will use the rest later)
- In a large skillet, cook pork chops in hot oil on medium-high heat until browned on both sides. Remove pork chops from skillet.
- In the same skillet, add onions ; cook and stir 3 minutes, or until tender. Add apples; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in apple juice, brown sugar, and remaining seasoned mixture until well blended. Return pork chops to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until desired doneness.