Foodie Friday: Teriyaki Steak Lettuce Wraps
Teriyaki Steak Lettuce Wraps
1/2 cup A.1. Teriyaki Steak Sauce
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tsp. sesame oil
1 beef flank steak or beef top sirloin steak (1 lb.)
1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated
1 cup each: shredded carrots and red cabbage
1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
1 can (14 oz.) bean sprouts, drained
1. Mix steak sauce, orange juice and sesame oil until well blended. Remove 1/4 cup of the steak sauce mixture for later use.2. Pour remaining steak – sauce mixture over steak in large resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat steak.3. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate.
4. Preheat grill to medium heat.
5. Remove steak from bag; discard bag and marinade.
6. Grill steak 13 to 16 min. for medium-rare to medium, turning occasionally.
7. Remove from grill; cover with foil to keep warm. Let stand 10 min.
8. Cut steak across the grain into thin strips.
9. Place evenly in centers of lettuce leaves; top with vegetables and bean sprouts.
10. Roll up. Serve with the reserved 1/4 cup steak sauce mixture.
***Special Extra***Prepare as directed, adding 1/4 cup chopped Peanuts and/or chopped cilantro along with the vegetables.Variation Substitute 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts for the steak. Marinate as directed, then grill 5-7 min. on each side or until cooked through (165°F). Cut into strips, then continue as directed.